Lord, sometimes I run to everything around me before I even consider to come to you. I don't mean to forget you. I don't mean to ignore you. I'm not thinking clearly. I know you have plans for me. I know your putting fire to the flame. I am ready to come home. I am ready to run through fields of death to see your light. So take it. I want to feel the ounce difference in my body. Shake me up, change my goals, change the destination I have so carefully designed. My heart is beginning to ache, its longing for the embrace. I am breathing your breaths, I am singing your songs. I hear your whisper, I see your frames of art. Like the bread, crumble the dead skin and open the wounds that need to be baked. I can close my eyes, but I beg to be changed. You have control. You have my attention. Through the sadness I know its right. I know that you'll be right by my side. No more talk, no more walk. Lets do this right. I want to be your bride. Standing, Ill promise my life. Tree's lifting high, ocean skies burning bright, how else would I, how could I dance like a child.
There's got to be a reason why we can't dig deep sometimes. There's definitely got to be a situation or experience that keeps us from letting love overtake our minds. Why don't we move forward? Why can't one grow to shift the wall of current situations? I'm sadden because I feel I can't be there, because I feel as if I'm not believing or accepting the gifts we've been given. I just want to move closer, I want to move in and unpack the stuff I've yet to forgiven and be forgiven of. Maybe I'm not believing, maybe I'm just not clearly seeing, that the power I've been given can change some habits and bring an abundance of joy to the people who think church is doing nothing. But this isn't a steeple. I'm not taking about an organizational freakish place, I'm talking about a group of people. All I know is that I have a long way to go, and anything can increase but it is he who will bring the true peace. Maybe that's what I...